EnableMe builds on the successes of the foundation MyHandicap, which operates information portals in Switzerland and Germany with more than ten million site visits yearly and more than 120’000 thread answers in the community.
The EnableMe foundation has been founded in spring 2020 to multiplicate the impact globally.
The Foundation Board is the highest decision-making body of the Foundation.
"In 2002 I had an accident that profoundly changed my life. After losing my right arm and leg, I started fighting for the improvement of the lives of people with disabilities, for whom I noticed a profound lack of information. Ever since I invested my resources to enable people with disabilities to inform and help themselves. Thus, I founded the foundation MyHandicap which became the largest information portal for people with disabilities in the German-speaking world.
EnableMe has now the aim to expand our global impact based on more than 15 years of track record in helping people with disabilities."
"A society in which only healthy people count for anything is sick. Reason enough to commit myself with brain and heart to EnableMe."
"Despite my congenital, severe visual impairment, I have been able to achieve a lot in my life. Where there's a will, there's a way, and with the right support from EnableMe, it gets a little easier."
Global Advisory Board Members
The global advisory board consists of topic experts in mission-critical functions that support pro-bono on a strategic level.
Menno Vlietstra – Technology
"As a senior executive, I have vast experience in technology and support the team in the role of CTO in strategic questions."
Dan Dica – Partner Network
"As global VP of a software company, I have built our global market organization. I support the team in their efforts to expand their services globally for the benefit of people with disabilities."
Michael Lorz – Managing Director
"My mission is to empower our dynamic team to nurture maximum impact while developing and creating a sustainable learning organization."
Our diverse team works passionately for the mission and vision of EnableMe to enable people with disabilities and to work for an inclusive society:
- Tom Boss – Intern Content
- Nando Bosshart – CIO
- Robert Carr - Intern Content
- Iris Douma - Dutch Community
- Ashish De Foncesca – Global Content Analyst
- Yves Hoffmann – Inclusion Advisor
- Sandro Hürsch – CIO
- Luka Keiser - Intern Impact Measurement
- Kaija Landsberg – Global Impact
- Hannah Maza – Intern Content
- Boryana Milova – EnableMe Community
- Banisha Morar – Global Content
- Matthijs Nederveen – Country Partner Networks
- Emma Nündel – EnableMe Community
- Angelika Rüegg – Administration
- Boris Verloop – Intern Business Models
- Anna Verschurren – Intern Community
- Amber Visser – Intern Community
We are supported by a strong team of ambassadors who support our mission with specific expertise:
- Ignatz Heintz – E-Education Expert
- Samuel Horner – Legal Expert
- Johannes Kaiser – Sports Professional
- Sven Knobloch – Legal Expert
- Amir Nathan – Social Entrepreneur
- Urs Wietlisbach – Entrepreneur